Customer Service Plan
National Airlines is committed to providing outstanding customer service to our customers. This Customer Service Plan outlines National’s plan to address twelve key customer service areas listed in U.S. Federal Regulations (U.S. 14 CFR 259.5). This Plan applies to all National flights operating to, from, or within the United States.
- OFFERING THE LOWEST FARE AVAILABLEWhen a customer calls National Airlines’ Reservations Center or accesses National’s website, the lowest fare offered for the route, date and class of service will be disclosed. Currently National does not sell tickets at airport counters.
- GIVING NOTICE OF KNOWN DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND DIVERSIONSWithin thirty minutes of becoming aware of a change, National will provide information on the status of known cancellations, and delays or diversions greater than thirty minutes, by making announcements in the boarding gate area, on flight departure display screens in the airport, on its websites, and through its Reservation/Customer Service Agents at 1-855-757-6999.
- DELIVERING BAGGAGE ON TIMENational Airlines will make best efforts to deliver baggage on time. In the event a bag does not arrive to a passenger’s destination city, National will make reasonable efforts to locate and deliver the misplaced bag within twenty-four hours. National will offer compensation for reasonable expenses (such as for toiletries) that result due to the delay in delivery for domestic flights, and as required by applicable international agreements for international flights. Receipts will be required.
If National cannot locate a bag within twenty-one days, the bag will be considered lost. National will reimburse any fee charged to transport the lost bag. In addition, National will compensate for lost luggage as outlined in National Airlines’ Contract of Carriage in Chapters 8 (Domestic flights) and 12 (International flights).
Before leaving the airport, passengers must notify National Airlines’ agent at the airport if their checked baggage did not arrive. To follow-up, passengers may call National’s Reservation/Customer Service Center at 1-855-757-6999.
- TWENTY-FOUR HOUR RESERVATION CANCELLATIONNational Airlines has adopted an “Instant Purchase” policy, which means that a customer must pay immediately in order to reserve a seat (there is no “holding a reservation” without payment). However, customers may cancel a reservation within twenty-four hours after the reservation was made if the scheduled departure is more than a week later. In such case, the customer will receive a full refund.
- PROVIDING PROMPT REFUNDSNational Airlines accepts only credit cards (no cash or purchase order) as payment for reservations and any additional fees (e.g., oversized baggage, pet fare, Unaccompanied Minor fee). Where a refund for any payment made is appropriate, National will issue the credit card refund within seven days after receiving the refund request. Be aware that if a payment was made to National using an international credit card, National will transmit refund instructions within seven days, but due to international bank processing times (which vary by country), it may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to show up on a customer’s statement.
Refunds for tickets or other fees may be requested by calling Reservations/Customer Service at 1-855-757-6999.
- PROPERLY ACCOMMODATING CUSTOMERS WITH DISABILITIES AND CHILDREN TRAVELING WITHOUT AN ADULT, INCLUDING DURING TARMAC DELAYS
Customers with Disabilities:Accommodating the special needs of passengers with disabilities is a top priority for National. National offers assistance to get to, from and between gates either by wheelchair or, in some locations, by electric cart. National offers early boarding, and upon requests will assist with enplaning and deplaning. National will also provide assistance with visual, auditory, cognitive, or mobility impairments while in the airport and on the aircraft. Approved Portable Oxygen Concentrators (POC) are allowed on board with passengers who have informed National forty-eight hours or more before boarding that they will be traveling with a POC. All National flights are equipped with an aisle chair, which allows our cabin attendants to assist passengers with restricted mobility to get to and from lavatories. Currently, National does not offer special meals, and thus advises passengers requiring special diets to pack snacks or portable meals to suit their needs.
To ensure the high quality of the services our customers with disabilities receive, National designates Complaint Resolution Officials (CROs) in all airports. CROs are responsible for ensuring services are properly implemented for our customers with disabilities. You may request a CRO by contacting a National Airlines’ agent at our check-in counters or boarding gates or by calling 1-855-757-6999.
Children Traveling Unaccompanied by an Adult:National Airlines provides detailed information regarding children traveling unaccompanied by an adult in our Contract of Carriage. Briefly, children six through eleven years of age traveling without a parent or companion eighteen years or older must be enrolled in National’s Unaccompanied Minor program. Parents are encouraged to enroll unaccompanied children twelve and older in the program as well, but it is not a requirement. Fees apply for unaccompanied minor services. National will make best efforts to ensure all children on our flights, but especially Unaccompanied Minors, are safe, comfortable, and understand safety procedures. National Airlines will not release a minor traveling alone to anyone other than the person identified by the child’s parent or guardian.
Tarmac Delays:National is especially sensitive to the needs of our passengers with disabilities and our young travelers during long tarmac delays and will make best efforts to see that they are comfortable and that their needs are met. For additional information, please refer to National’s standalone Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays posted at www.nationalairlines.com.
- MEETING CUSTOMER’S ESSENTIAL NEEDS DURING LENGTHY TARMAC DELAYSNational Airlines will provide full and timely information regarding the status of a flight if there is an extreme delay after passengers have boarded or after the plane has landed. If safety and security conditions allow, National will provide for essential needs such as food, potable water, operable lavatory facilities, access to medical treatment and an opportunity to deplane. For further information, see National Airlines’ Contingency Plan for Lengthy Tarmac Delays posted at www.nationalairlines.com.
- HANDLING “BUMPED” PASSENGERS WITH FAIRNESS AND CONSISTENCY IN THE CASE OF AN OVERSOLD FLIGHTNational does NOT oversell a flight. On rare occasions, though, National may have to substitute aircraft due to an unexpected maintenance event and the substituted aircraft potentially could have too few seats for all ticketed passengers. If National cannot accommodate one or more passengers holding confirmed reservations, National will comply with all applicable regulations, and as reflected in our policies and procedures, will treat passengers fairly and consistently. National will provide relevant information at airports, including our boarding priority rules, about our policies and procedures for handling situations when all ticketed customers cannot be accommodated on a flight. National also provides multiple notices to our passengers regarding required check-in and boarding gate times through our reservations phone line, on the itinerary, in our Contract of Carriage and at check-in.
National will first request volunteers for denied boarding. Only if there are not enough volunteers will National deny boarding according to our boarding priority rules. National will offer a travel voucher to encourage passengers to voluntarily give up their seat. These vouchers can be used toward the purchase of another National Airlines ticket to any of its destinations. Vouchers are redeemable within one year on www.nationalairlines.com.
National, through its Contract of Carriage and herein, provides notice explaining our obligations and the compensation passengers will receive if involuntarily denied boarding. National will make every effort to find alternative transportation for passengers involuntarily denied boarding, including by rebooking them on the first available National flight to the ticketed destination.
National may provide hotel accommodations at contracted hotel facilities it has selected if a passenger is away from home, is involuntarily bumped from a flight and National is unable to arrange alternative travel on the same travel day. If hotel accommodations are unavailable, National will compensate with a travel voucher commensurate in value with the contracted hotel rate up to $100.
- DISCLOSING CANCELLATION POLICIES, FREQUENT FLYER RULES, AIRCRAFT SEATING CONFIGURATION, AND LAVATORY AVAILABILITY
Cancellation Policy:National Airlines’ customers may cancel without penalty within twenty-four hours of making a reservation, so long as the cancellation is more than seven days prior to the scheduled departure. Refundable Tickets may be cancelled up to twenty-four hours before the scheduled departure, in which case the passenger will receive a full refund minus any applicable ticketing fee, or at the passenger’s request a travel voucher in the same amount. The travel voucher will expire one year after the date the original ticket was purchase, with fees, taxes and charges forfeited.
Seating Configuration:National uses Boeing 757-200 aircraft for its passenger service. Our standard B757-200 aircraft has 184 seats in a two-class configuration.
Lavatory Availability:The Boeing 757-200 aircraft has 4 lavatories.
Frequent Flyer Program:National Airlines just initiated scheduled service and public charters - after years of serving our customers through private charter arrangements. We have not yet launched our Frequent Flyer program but are anxious to be able to reward our repeat customers so we will do our best to finalize a rewards program quickly.
National Airlines provides information regarding its cancellation policies, aircraft seating configuration, and lavatory availability on its websites. For questions not answered by the information on our websites, customers are invited to call our Reservations/Customer Service Center at 1-855-757-6999.
- NOTIFYING CUSTOMERS IN A TIMELY MANNER OF CHANGES IN THEIR TRAVEL ITINERARYWe will attempt to contact passengers, with information provided in their reservation, to inform them of changes in their travel itinerary soon after the change is known.
- ENSURING RESPONSIVENESS TO CUSTOMER COMPLAINTSNational Airlines will acknowledge receipt of written customer complaints within thirty days of receipt, and will send a substantive response within sixty days of receiving the complaint. For information about filing a complaint go to our Contact Us page of our website. Send all complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IDENTIFYING THE SERVICES NATIONAL PROVIDES TO MITIGATE PASSENGER INCONVENIENCES RESULTING FROM CANCELLATIONSIn order to mitigate inconveniences due to cancellations, National will make best efforts to arrange alternative transportation to the destination city. National will provide hotel accommodations, at facilities National has contracted if possible, based on availability, for passengers inconvenienced overnight while away from home or destination due to a delay or cancellation within National’s control. If accommodations are unavailable, National will compensate passengers with a travel voucher commensurate in value with the contracted hotel rate up to $100.
Last updated: October 22 2015Click here to download a printer friendly version of this document.